On the way home from my swim I was listening to CNN and a woman was talking to a group about the most current health insurance reform bill. Now first off I have to say I have not read the bill yet and I have heard very little about it, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other and I'm not meaning to start a political discussion. The woman (now that I'm home I realize it's First Lady Michelle Obama) was talking about women's medical issues and said that some insurance policies do not cover pap smears or mammograms. While I don't doubt that there are some really, really bare bones plans out there, I was wondering how many of the women on my flist who *do* have insurance, but it doesn't cover these tests. This is the first time in my life I have *not* had insurance and every plan I've ever had covered these tests. Pap smears yearly and mammograms after a certain age (and I was able to get my baseline at 30 because of family history). Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.
Sep. 18th, 2009
Here's what I did today.
- 07:26 Never linked this way, hope it works. Interesting Obama ACORN connections & his attempts to hide them. bit.ly/1iZug3 via @addthis #
- 08:44 30 minutes pool. 20 minutes sauna. #
- 13:28 Woo Hooo! RT @chargers : TV blackout lifted on Chargers-Ravens game #
- 17:24 Laying on my butt all evening. Walking in the morning. #
- 18:12 Dwight Schultz is sitting in for someone on America Right! Another reason to love him even more! #